Influencing Other Christians
Many Christians are still trying to minister to others in traditional ways that are not working…
I just got back from Chicago. I was at a conference with about 400 missionaries. They invited me to speak to them about EveryStudent.com.
They wanted to know how they can use the site in the countries they are heading to.
What I shared with them is also in written form for you, in the free eBook, The Ripple Effect. You can get it here:
Most of these missionaries are recent college graduates…just out of school.
Do you know what I heard when I was done?
Person after person walked up to me and said, “I am so bummed! Why didn’t we know about EveryStudent.com these last 4 years of college? We could have used it all this time! It could have had a huge impact on our university!”
I began to wonder.
Are there Christians that *you* know who might wish they knew about EveryStudent.com? Christians who love Jesus, but are a little bit unsure how to help others know him?
One missionary at the conference told me, “Christians that I know are scared to talk to others about Jesus. They are afraid of being asked a question they can’t answer. And I can see how this takes care of that fear! They can say, ‘I don’t know, but there is a great website that probably answers your question. EveryStudent.com.'”
While I was in Chicago, the hotel had a short fire alarm drill.
In the 10 minutes standing outside, a lady asked if I was with her convention group. I told her what I was doing there. She told me that she’s an atheist, but searching.
She asked how I came to believe in God. I told her, then gave her an EveryStudent.com card, so she too could see reasons to believe in God.
It really is that easy.
What about people in your church? Christian friends? Perhaps with your influence, they can begin to see how God can also work through them to reach others?
Want a few quick tips on how to go about this?
Two things you can do:
1. Show them the home page of EveryStudent.com, and point out the articles that are on it. Say to your Christian friends (or church):
• If you talk to an atheist…tell them to consider this. (Spiritual Adventure Pack)
• If you talk to a Muslim, here’s this one. (Jesus and Islam)
• If someone wonders if God answers prayer, show them this one. (Does God Answer Prayer?)
Encourage them to spend a little time on the site, so these articles will come to mind. Then when they are talking with a nonbeliever, they will know what’s on the site, and be able to point the person to EveryStudent.com.
2. Also tell your Christian friends, if they want a very exciting ministry with both nonbelievers and new believers, get this 30-page eBook, “The Ripple Effect.” It’s free. They can get it here, on the home page of our resource site: http://everystudent.info
Talk to your church’s mission director. Your Bible study group.
May your influence be wide!
director of StartingwithGod.com
EveryStudent.com, EveryPerson.com, EveryStudent.info