The following will help you explain to others how Jesus has changed your life.
A great message to share with others is what God has done in your life, what you know to be true of Him. Your life story regarding your spiritual journey. The following helps you write out your story so that it is brief (three minutes or less). We encourage you to write it out, practice it and memorize it.
1 Peter 3:15 says, “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect…”
This will help you explain: what your life was like before you received Christ, how you received Christ, and how your life changed as a result of knowing Him…
1. Before I Accepted Christ (or gave Him complete control):
- What was my life like that will relate most to the non-Christian?
- What did my life revolve around? From what did I get my happiness or security? (Remember, the non-Christian is relying on something external to give him happiness and meaning.)
- How did those things let me down?
2. How I Received Christ (or gave Him complete control):
- When was the first time I heard the gospel? (Or when was I first exposed to dynamic Christianity?)
- What were my initial reactions?
- When did my attitude begin to change? Why?
- What were the doubts or struggles that went through my mind just before I accepted Christ?
- Why did I accept Christ?
3. After I Accepted Christ (or gave Him complete control):
- What are the specific changes Christ has made in my life?
- Are there any illustrations that would be helpful?
- Why am I motivated differently?
- Write the way you speak—make the testimony yours.
- Choose one main point and carry it throughout the testimony.
- Don’t be overly negative or positive. Be truthful.
- Don’t criticize or name any church, denomination, organization, etc.
- Time limit should be 3 minutes.
- Practice it over and over until it becomes natural.